Applications will be available on March 29, 2021. This internship will be a paid position running from June 2021- January 2022.
The Charlotte Sports Foundation (CSF) will be seeking candidates to fill full time, paid internships for the 2021 football season in Charlotte. Each position will be compensated hourly. During the course of the internship each intern will be assigned to one of two primary responsibilities listed below. Each intern will maintain overlapping responsibilities and will be expected to provide support to all areas of the organization.
The 2021 CSF interns will help execute all CSF-related events including, but not limited to, the 2021 Duke’s Mayo Classic games, 2021 ACC Football Championship Game, and the 2021 Duke’s Mayo Bowl (due to the timing of these games, interested candidates should be prepared to work on holidays). Each intern may be required to stay at one of the team hotels for the duration of the teams’ stay for the 2021 Duke’s Mayo Bowl. This may include Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day. Interns for the Charlotte Sports Foundation may also be asked to assist with other events that are supported by CSF or related entities.
Qualified applicants should note their preference of the internship positions below:
- Assist in the daily operation of the Charlotte Sports Foundation through administrative duties including document filing, answering phones, interacting with other departments and overall contribution to the function of the organization
- Help in all areas of the Ticketing Department including but not limited to ticket sales; invoicing and operations
- Become familiar with the Ticketmaster system including but not limited to:
- Archtics, Account Manager, and tm1 Engagement
- Assist in the promotion and sales of all events
- Assist with a variety of organizational tasks related to the planning, coordinating and execution of logistics for all CSF-related events including but not limiting to Bowl Events
- Assist with updating databases for participants and attendees of CSF-related events.
- Perform daily customer service functions
- Develop an understanding for customer accounts, billing, cash flow, deadlines, ticket printing, ticket distribution, marketing concepts and marketing strategies
- Assist Associate Executive Director and Director of Ticket Operations with credential distribution, sponsorship ticket fulfillment, and hospitality
All applicants should be very well organized, have excellent communication and organizational skills, a positive attitude, be a team player, work well under pressure and maintain flexibility. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as possess discretion in regards to confidentiality. Archtics and/or other ticketing experience is preferred but not required. This position reports directly to the Director of Ticket Operations, Director of Ticket Sales, and the Director of Administration.
Operations and Sponsorship Support Intern
- Assist with a variety of organizational tasks related to the planning, coordinating and execution of logistics for all CSF related events – primarily the 2021 Duke’s Mayo Classic games, 2021 ACC Football Championship Game, 2021 Duke’s Mayo Bowl and the respective team and fan events
- Assist with updating databases for participants and attendees of CSF events
- Assist with general administrative duties including but not limited to event recaps, vendor orders, securing price quotes and meeting planning
- Assist with sponsor/partner fulfillment in relation to sponsor events and communication.
- Assist with sponsor fulfillment for all CSF related events and entities
- Aid in the 2021 Duke’s Mayo Classic Games and 2021 Duke’s Mayo Bowl operations, as well as participating teams’ bowl week coordination
- Assist with CSF and game related marketing, signage plans and execution.
- Assist Director of Administration and Director of Sponsorship Sales with credential distribution, sponsorship ticket fulfillment, and hospitality
- Assist with in-game run of show development and coordination of 2021 Duke’s Mayo Classic games and 2021 Duke’s Mayo Bowl
Qualified applicants should be self-motivated, highly organized, proactive, able to work under pressure, excellent communicators, willing to accept long hours, as well as possess a high work ethic and attention to detail. Applicants must also be able to lift and carry objects up to 30lbs and should be overall familiar with Microsoft Office; including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. This position reports directly to the Associate Executive Director, Director of Sponsorship Sales, and Director of Administration.
Please note that housing is not provided by the Charlotte Sports Foundation. Employee benefits (e.g. vacation, leave, disability insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, etc.) are not provided. Candidates must complete an in-person interview if selected for a final interview. Interested candidates can apply to ONE of the two intern positions by submitting a completed CSF Internship Application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references via email to:
Charlotte Sports Foundation
Candidate cover letters should fully respond to the following questions/requests
- Please explain why you are interested in the CSF internship program and which specific intern position you are interested in. Please also include how you feel this internship may benefit you in your future career endeavors.
- How does your prior work experience and skill set specifically make you the ideal candidate for an internship with the Charlotte Sports Foundation?
All required documents must be received by April 23, 2021. Applicant submissions without all of the required documentation will not be considered. Applicant submissions not received by April 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET will not be considered.
All applicants will be contacted with an update of their application status.
Please do not contact the Charlotte Sports Foundation for status updates.